Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Students will be able to speak, understand, read, and write Spanish at an advanced level for the purposes of daily life and to present ideas and opinions in an academic or professional setting.
- Students will develop an understanding of Spanish as a multidisciplinary field and its research methods.
- Students will be able to produce research that incorporates the critical analysis of texts/data and the application of established research methods to them.
- Students will develop the ability to analyze cultural diversity in the Spanish-speaking world, realized through its cultural developments and products (literature culture track).
- Students will understand the major structural contrasts between Spanish and English and be able to identify and analyze dialect version within Spanish (linguistics track).
- Students will understand the processes of second language acquisition and the nature and qualities of bilingualism (linguistics track).
- Student will develop the ability to analyze Spanish-language literature texts that engage issues of class, race, and gender difference and their effect on production (literature culture track).