Immigration Status Update

This EForm is to update UAlbany ISSS of a change of immigration status.

  • If you have changed from F-1 or J-1 status to a new immigration status your UAlbany SEVIS record will be terminated to reflect this change
  • If you are a currently enrolled student your status will also be updated on your University record
  • If you are currently working at UAlbany please also notify your Human Resources department of your status change
  • Students changing status to certain immigration categories may be eligible for in-state tuition.  For more information about Residency requirements, please review the information on Student Accounts' website
    • If you were a F-1 or J-1 undergraduate and you changed status and/or are granted in-state tuition you may no longer be eligible for the Global Excellence Scholarship.  Please contact Undergraduate Admissions at [email protected] if you have any questions.

To submit the EForm updating your status, please:

  1. Click here to navigate to the AccessISSS online system. Login with your UAlbany NetID (ex: AA123456) and password.
  2. Watch this recording to help you navigate to the EForm menu.
  3. Select the "Immigration Status Update EForm" from the EForm menu.
  4. This EForm may ask you to upload supporting documents. If you need assistance, please review the File Upload Instructions webpage.
  5. All updates related to your EForm will be communicated over email. Please allow up to 5-7 business days for processing.



The information contained in this web site/form is provided as a service to international students, faculty and staff at the University at Albany. It does not constitute legal advice. We try to provide useful information, but we make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site or any associated site or form. Neither the University at Albany nor ISSS is responsible for any errors or omissions contained in this website, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. Nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel; students may wish to consult an immigration attorney on the specifics of their case as needed.