Travel to the USA
We look forward to welcoming you at UAlbany soon. Here is some information to help you prepare for coming to the USA.
COVID-19 Information for Students
Before you travel to the United States:
- Receive your SEVIS Form I-20.
- Process SEVIS Form I-901 and pay your SEVIS fee (more information - NEED URL).
- Schedule a visa interview at the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate.
- Pay visa application fee.
- Prepare for your visa interview.
- Prepare all travel documents for travel.
- Find the best ways to travel to Albany, NY
- Email Required Health Form and Proof of Measles (MMR) and TB Testing to [email protected].
Documents you need to apply for your U.S. Visa:
- Valid passport from your home country. If your passport is expiring soon, renew it before you travel.
- Certificate of Eligibility: I-20 form for F-1 Students (DS-2019 for J Visas)
- Financial Guarantee (bank statement, sponsorship, and any other proof that you have sufficient funds for educational and living expenses).
- Any evidence you have to demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country and that you plan to return to your home country at the conclusion of your study.
See Study in the States for more helpful information. Download our Pre-Arrival Checklist.
Your First Days at UAlbany
All new IELP students must attend all student orientation and welcome activities. These activities include registration, placement testing, and orientation. You will receive your orientation week schedule at registration.
On registration day, please bring these documents with you:
- Passport and Visa
- SEVIS I-20
- Proof of Measles (MMR) and Proof of TB Testing
The IELP will provide an orientation session for all new students. At the orientation, you will receive the IELP Student Handbook with the information you need to help you succeed at UAlbany.