All alumni and friends are invited to help build on the strengths inherent in UAlbany’s diversity, with an emphasis on enhancing equity and inclusion. Please join us in this important effort.
UAlbany aims to be the model for diversity and inclusion among the country’s leading public research universities. The myriad talents, backgrounds and perspectives of the Great Dane community enhance the excellence of a UAlbany education and magnify the university’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
A Model for Diversity and Inclusion
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes attracting and retaining students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds to UAlbany, supporting them in their work and ensuring they feel that they belong. Every member of our community should be able to be authentic in their identities, fulfill their potential, and thrive.
UAlbany already stands out for providing students with access to a diverse and inclusive living and learning environment.
- 40 percent of our undergraduates identify as students from underrepresented groups.
- 35 percent of our students are the first in their families to attend college.
- UAlbany is one of only two institutions to receive an “A” grade in an Education Trust national study focusing on the representation of Black students at the country’s 100 most selective public universities.
- The Education Trust additionally lauded UAlbany as a top-10 performing institution for Latino/Latina success.
- UAlbany has been ranked among the country’s most LGBT-friendly colleges and universities.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked UAlbany among the nation’s top institutions for promoting social mobility.
Areas of Support
You can help UAlbany continue to grow as a community where everyone feels they are welcome and included, their differences are respected and appreciated, and their opportunities for success are unlimited. Please consider supporting:
Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Campus Environment
Your gift to the Great Dane Fund for Diversity and Inclusion provides the Office of Diversity and Inclusion with valuable flexibility, allowing it to advance an array of priorities that build understanding across differences and foster a diverse and inclusive campus environment.
Supporting Student Life Initiatives that Advance Diversity and Inclusion
Your gift to the Diversity and Inclusion Excellence Fund for Student Life will support initiatives that advance diversity and inclusion, including programming for student groups, visiting speakers, workshops, social events, and student travel to pertinent conferences.