In times of dwindling state resources, support from alumni and friends becomes increasingly important to provide us with resources to strengthen valuable ongoing programs and to identify and develop new priorities.
Donations are processed through the University at Albany Foundation and are fully tax deductible.
- Donate online
- Mail a check to: University at Albany Foundation, 1400 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12222 (please write “Geography and Planning” in the Memo portion of the check).
Donations to the Department of Geography and Planning help to support our programs. Recent donations have been used to:
- Pay for graduate students to help grade assignments and proctor exams
- Pay for graduate students travel to conferences
- Fund academic and research achievement awards for students at all levels
- Acquire software licenses for the department’s computer lab
- Support GIS Day activities at UAlbany
- Support graduate students conducting summer research projects
- Print posters for graduate and undergraduate research symposia
One of the department's current funding goals is to collect funds for two TA lines per semester. These lines can be given to our graduate students to support their studies at UAlbany. Another goal is upgrade of computers in GIS lab and installation of the software required for students to acquire the “big data” skills so demanded of them today.
To further discuss your giving options or to consider major donations, you can contact:
- Andrei Lapenas, Chair Department of Geography and Planning
- Michael Boots, University Development
- Office of University Development
Your involvement in the life of the department through giving is welcomed and appreciated.