Spark Student Interest in Global Cultures
Administer high-impact global education programs and manage international student services in community colleges, universities, and other educational service organizations.
Courses for this master's cover comparative education systems and educational politics in addition to the business side of international program management, including fundamentals of budgeting and finance, risk assessment, strategic planning, marketing, office operations, and student affairs.
This distinctive online program prepares you to effectively develop, oversee, and overhaul study abroad programs and other educational travel opportunities that provide domestic and foreign students with meaningful cross-cultural experiences.
Program of Study
All courses for this program are offered entirely online so you can complete your master's while you continue to work.
- Introduction to International Education Management
- Administration of Institutions of Higher Education
- Higher Education Finance
Specialization Courses: Choose three
- Educational Entrepreneurship
- Student Services in International Education
- Cross-Border Higher Education
- Global Politics of Educational Quality
Data Analytics Courses: Choose one
- Quantitative Methods in Educational Leadership
- Survey Research Methods
Elective Courses: Choose two
- Comparative Education
- Assessment and Accountability in Higher Education
- Leadership for Cradle to Career Education Systems
- Specialization course not previously completed
- Graduate Internship
Capstone: Seminar in Education Policy and Leadership
For more information, contact program director Professor Mitch Leventhal at email@example.com.
This master's program may be a good choice if you're an aspiring or early career professional or mid-career administrator looking to strengthen your understanding of fundamental topics, best practices, and surfacing issues in the field of international education.
Because few people have been formally trained or educated in management studies specific to international education, this graduate degree stands out on resumes in the job market. It also provides you with an immediate and far-reaching professional network.
Common Job Titles
- Director of International Education Programs
- International Student Affairs Officer
- Study Abroad Coordinator
- Enrollment Operations Manager
- Foreign Student Exchange Specialist
Graduates are prepared to assume roles in international education management at:
- Colleges and Universities
- Professional Institutes
- Private-Sector Education Providers
- State and Federal Government Agencies
- Nonprofit Organizations and NGOs
The School of Education has been delivering exemplary online courses for more than 20 years. In 2019, UAlbany online graduate programs in education were ranked 8th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
You can earn your master’s degree part-time or full-time through online courses and/or campus-based evening and summer classes that work with your schedule.
In this designated OpenSUNY+ program, you also have access to comprehensive support services including a 24/7 help desk, online tutoring, and personal advising.