The NYS Tobacco Control Professional Development and Training Program works in partnership with the NYS Tobacco Control Program to provide professional development and training to tobacco control advocates and system change leaders in New York State, through a blended learning approach.
- Increase leadership skills and competencies of Bureau of Tobacco Control grantees
- Provide professional development that supports the implementation of evidence-based and promising strategies to prevent and reduce tobacco use
- Continually assess and modify the content and learning modalities to meet the ever-changing needs of the Bureau of Tobacco Control and grantees
- NYS Advancing Tobacco Free Communities Grantees
- NYS Health Systems for Tobacco Free-NY Grantees
The program is funded through a Memorandum of Understanding with the NYS Department of Health.
- Orientation Webinar
- Professional Development Guidelines
- Self-Paced Guidebook
- Public Health Collaborative and Social Learning site