Ioannis Kareklas is Assistant Professor of Marketing at the University at Albany, School of Business. He completed his doctoral studies at the University of Connecticut in 2010.
His research focuses on prosocial behavior, advertising effectiveness, and sensory perception. Dr. Kareklas often employs implicit measures and meta-analytic techniques in his research. His work appears in the Journal of Consumer Psychology, Journal of Advertising, Journal of Consumer Affairs, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Marketing Communications, and Journal of Health Communication. His first book, “Deciphering Organic Foods: A Comprehensive Guide to Organic Food Production, Consumption, and Promotion,” was published in January 2017.
Several leading news outlets report on Dr. Kareklas’ research, including:
- TV Stations: NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox
- Radio Stations: National Public Radio (NPR), CBS Radio
- Newspapers: The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, The Seattle Times, The Washington Post
- Magazines: New York Magazine, Slate, Fast Company, Glamour
- Online: The Huffington Post, Yahoo News, Fox News, The Daily Beast
- Complete press coverage and media appearances appear here: http://www.ioanniskareklas.com/Press
Dr. Kareklas teaches Consumer Behavior, Social Marketing and Public Policy, and Retailing.