Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Obtain a general knowledge of mathematics, physics, and an in depth knowledge of chemistry required for an in depth understanding of the structure and function of biological macromolecules.
- Obtain an intensive knowledge of the principles of biochemistry and molecular biology through a series of required courses in Genetics, Biochemistry, and Molecular Biology.
- Develop skills in analytical thinking through problem based assignments and exams and laboratory exercises.
- Develop skills in the use of current scientific methodology and investigation through required laboratory courses.
- Understand the scientific research infrastructure of the United States.