Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Acquire Increased awareness and understanding of human biological, linguistic and cultural diversity.
- Understand principles, assumptions, terminology of human evolutionary studies, human fossil record, primate anatomy/ behavior, evolutionary forces/ bio. bases of human behaviors, scientific method applied to human past.
- Understand principles, assumptions, terminology used in major sub-areas of linguistics: phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, acquisition and socio-linguistics.
- Acquire ability to perform written anthropological analysis of a particular topic.
- Understand basic assumptions, principles, terminology, and methods of cultural anthropology, (culture, holism, ethnographic fieldwork, comparative method in ethnology).
- Understand methods and approaches of archaeological study of past societies, and data for outlines of world prehistory.
- Gain an understanding of what is a four-field approach to anthropology.