Student Awards and Funding
Looking for assistance on applying to CURCE Funding? Check out this CURCE YouTube video
Spring 2023 CURCE Funding
Applications for Funding will open on Friday, January 27, 2022.
Students are invited to apply for awards ranging from $500-$1,000. Funds were donated by Kenneth W. Abele & Thelma Miller Abele '38, Lita and Stephen Greenwald '40, Robert W. Moyer, Clyde '28 & Virgina Roosa '32 Slocum, Adelaid Schmid '38, and Adrienne Zimberg '83.
To streamline the application process, students complete one application. Your application will be reviewed and considered for awards where you meet the specific disciplines.
Eligibility Requirements to apply:
- Must be a full-time (at least 12 credits) matriculated undergraduate student at the University at Albany in the Spring 2023 semester
- Actively engaged in the research project at the time of application. This can be at any phase of the research or creative process.
- Research project is mentored and/or supervised by a University at Albany Faculty member, affiliated researcher (ex. Principal Investigator), adjunct faculty, graduate/PhD student, etc.
- Research may be for projects in any academic discipline, concentrations, or content area projects for credit bearing (internship, independent study, or course based research) may be considered
- Applicants may be from any class year and major
- Full application completed by 11:59PM on Sunday, March 5, 2023
- Detailed summary of your role and responsibilities for the research project - be specific
- Research Abstract
- Acknowledgement that as a recipient you will present your research project on Thursday, April 27, 2023 as part of the inaugural UAlbany Showcase Day
- Budget Summary (including incurred or pending expenses related to the project)
- This includes both a written explanation of the funding use and itemized expenses
- Faculty Certification completed by 11:59 PM on Sunday, March 5, 2023
To apply for funding through CURCE, please complete the full application
For information about our generous donors:
Abele Research Fund, Greenwald Research Fund, Moyer Research Fund, Situation Prize for Research (Spring Semester Only), Sorrell Chesin Research Award (Spring Semester Only), Undergraduate Research Scholarships
- CURCE Home
- About CURCE
- For Students
- For Faculty
Student Awards and Funding
- Undergraduate Research Scholarships
- Internal Funding Opportunities
- External Funding Opportunities
- Abele Research Fund
- Greenwald Research Fund
- Moyer Research Fund
- Presidential Award for Undergraduate Research
- Situation Prize for Research
- Sorrell Chesin Research Award
- University Libraries' Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Research (new!)
- Student Conference