Student Awards and Funding
Fall 2021 CURCE Funding - $10,000 available!
Apply now for Funding through CURCE
Students are invited to apply for awards ranging from $500-$1,000. Funds were donated by Kenneth W. Abele & Thelma Miller Abele '38, Lita and Stephen Greenwald '40, Robert W. Moyer, Clyde '28 & Virgina Roosa '32 Slocum, Adelaid Schmid '38, and Adrienne Zimberg '83.
To streamline the application process, students complete one application. Your application will be reviewed and considered for awards where you meet the specific disciplines.
Applications will open on Friday, September 24, 2021 at 9:00 AM
Eligibility Requirements to apply:
- Must be a full-time matriculated undergraduate student at the University at Albany in the Fall 2021 semester
- Actively engaged in the research project at the time of application. This can be at any phase of the research or creative process.
- Research project is mentored and/or supervised by a University at Albany Faculty member, affiliated researcher (ex. Principal Investigator), adjunct faculty, graduate/PhD student, etc.
- Research may be for projects in any academic discipline, concentrations, or content area projects for credit bearing (internship, independent study, or course based research) may be considered
- Applicants may be from any class year and major
- Full application completed by 11:59PM on Sunday, October 31, 2021
- Detailed summary of your role and responsibilities for the research project - be specific
- Research Abstract
- Acknowledgement that as a recipient you will present your research project at the 19th Annual Student Conference on Friday, April 22, 2022
- Budget Summary (including incurred or pending expenses related to the project)
- Faculty Certification completed by 11:59 PM on Sunday, October 31, 2021
To apply for funding through CURCE, please complete the full application
For information about our generous donors:
Abele Research Fund, Greenwald Research Fund, Moyer Research Fund, Situation Prize for Research (Spring Semester Only), Sorrell Chesin Research Award (Spring Semester Only), Undergraduate Research Scholarships