Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
UAlbany’s BS Nursing program outcomes are derived from the AACN 2021 Core Competencies for Professional Nursing Education.
- Use clinical reasoning to make decisions in nursing practice based on synthesis of knowledge from nursing and liberal arts and sciences.
- Provide person-centered care including family/important others across the health care continuum.
- Collaborate with the interprofessional teams and stakeholders to support and improve equitable population health outcomes across the health care delivery continuum.
- Integrate research and evidence-based practice into nursing practice to improve health and transform health care.
- Apply principles of quality and safety across the health care continuum.
- Communicate and collaborate with interprofessional teams and stakeholders to optimize health care outcomes of patients and populations.
- Apply leadership principles when responding to and leading health care systems.
- Advocate for the use of technology, informatics and innovation in the delivery of care across the health care continuum.
- Integrate values, ethics, accountability, policies and regulations to provide diverse, equitable and inclusive nursing care.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal growth, professional knowledge and capacity for leadership.