UUP Tuition Adjustment
UUP Tuition Waiver Program - 2020-2021
(Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Winter 2021, Spring 2021)
Article 49 of the current agreement between the State of New York and United University Professions provides for a tuition waiver for one course per semester on a "space available" basis.
In order to qualify for this UUP tuition waiver, you must:
1. Be represented by the UUP Bargaining Unit during the semester in which you wish to receive a UUP tuition waiver for a course.
- Summer waivers: Employees seeking to apply for a summer UUP waiver must be employed in the summer or have a Fall appointment the succeeds the summer session.
- Winter waivers: Employees seeking to apply for a winter UUP waiver must be employed in the winter or have a Spring appointment that succeeds the winter session.
If you are employed at another college or university: You must provide written certification from your college or university's Human Resource Office verifying representation by the UUP bargaining unit for the semester. The certification must include your First Name, Last Name, the last four digits of your Social Security #, and your employment status for the semester in which the waiver is to be applied. This verification must be uploaded when submitting the UUP tuition waiver request through MyUAlbany.
2. Be admitted to a program: Before registering for classes, employees must be admitted to a program (degree or non-degree, graduate or undergraduate). The appropriate admissions offices are:
Graduate Study (Degree or Non-Degree):
Office of Graduate Admissions
University Administration Building, Room 121
Matriculated Undergraduate Study:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University Hall, Room 112
Non-Matriculated Undergraduate Study:
Office of General Studies and Summer Sessions
Social Sciences 110
3. Register during the appropriate period of time: You MUST register according to the UUP registration dates below. UUP registration begins two (2) days before the first day of classes for each session/semester. If you register for a class prior to the published dates and your class fills to capacity, your waiver request will be denied and you will be liable to pay the full amount of tuition for the class.
The only exception to this rule is when a student uses a Permission Number to register for a class. If you are using a Permission Number to register, you may register for the class at any time.
2020 – 2021 UUP Registration Dates
4. Apply for the waiver: All students requesting a UUP tuition waiver need to fill out the University at Albany’s online UUP tuition waiver form. The form is available on MyUAlbany (Student Log On) by clicking the “Academics” tab at the top and then clicking “UUP Tuition Waiver Request Form” on the left. UUP Tuition Waiver Request Forms must be completed and submitted via MyUAlbany by 11:59 pm on the last class day of the semester (not the last day of finals – refer to academic calendar) in which the waiver is to be applied. Earlier submissions are encouraged to avoid tuition liability due to missed deadlines.Waivers submitted for previous semesters and waivers submitted after the deadline will not be accepted and students will be liable for the full amount of tuition for the class. No exceptions will be made.
UUP Waiver Submission Deadlines by semester:
- Summer 2020: Friday, August 14th, 2020
- Fall 2020: Tuesday, November 24th, 2020
- Winter 2020-21: Friday, January 15th, 2021
- Spring 2021: Tuesday, May 11th, 2021
5. Pay the fees: The UUP waiver only waives the tuition for one class per semester. You will be responsible for all additional fees related to enrollment in the class. You may pay the remaining balance on epay.albany.edu.
You may see a UUP waiver added to your bill as “anticipated aid”. This means that aid is anticipated to be added to your account. It does not indicate that your waiver has been approved.
If you receive a bill before your UUP waiver has been approved, you may see the cost of tuition on your bill. You may deduct the amount of tuition from the bill and pay the remaining balance of fees. Please pay your bill by the bill’s due date to avoid incurring late fees. Please continue to check your epay.albany.edu account in case your waiver is denied, as you will be liable for the full cost of tuition.
Please ensure that you have completed and submitted your UUP tuition waiver request via MyUAlbany by 11:59 pm on the last class day of the semester (not the last day of finals – refer to academic calendar) in which the waiver is to be applied. Earlier submissions are encouraged to avoid tuition liability due to missed deadlines.Waivers submitted for previous semesters and waivers submitted after the deadline will not be accepted. Failure to submit the waiver request by the deadline will result in full tuition liability for the course. No exceptions will be made.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 518-442-5540 or [email protected].
UUP Tuition Waiver Request Form Instructions