Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Construct proofs using techniques from logic such as proof by contradiction and/or specific techniques such as the principle of induction.
- Analyze and check correctness of mathematical arguments, and read mathematical text independently.
- Apply an advanced abstract mathematical idea to a concrete real-world problem (e.g., application of differential equations, or linear programming, or RSA or error correction codes).
- Write effectively using language appropriate for mathematical discourse.
- Use calculus to analyze and evaluate properties of real valued functions.
- Successfully complete four advanced courses in four different areas of mathematics, establishing breadth required for careers in fields such as teaching and industrial applications.