Sociology Master of Arts Degree Program
Program of Study (30 credits, minimum)
1. Sociology (24 - 26 credits):
- Soc 509 Research Methods (3 credits);
- Soc 510 Sociological Theories I (3 credits);
- Soc 511 Sociological Theories II (3 credits);
- Soc 522 Intermediate Statistics for Sociologists (3 credits) OR Soc 524/Gog 505/Pln 554 Social Science Data Analysis and Visualization with R (3 credits);
- Soc 590A,B Orientation to Sociology (0 - 1 credit);
- Soc 699 Master's Thesis in Sociology (2-6 credits);
- Sociology Electives (4 – 10 credits)
2. Supporting courses (0-6 credits): Courses in fields other than sociology as advised.
3. Resident study: Each student must complete at least 9 credits of study in one semester of a regular academic year, or, with permission, one full-time summer session.
Please note: This program offers an internship, field experience, study abroad component, or clinical experience in the course listing as an option to fulfill course requirements. Students who have previously been convicted of a felony are advised that their prior criminal history may impede their ability to complete the requirements of certain academic programs and/or to meet licensure requirements for certain professions. If you have concerns about this matter please contact the Dean’s Office of your intended academic program.