Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- A knowledge of urbanism and urbanization as historic, geographic, social, and cultural processes.
- An understanding of the historical development, contemporary condition, and environmental impact of US cities and metropolitan areas.
- A comparative understanding of global patterns of urbanism and urbanization, stimulating global awareness and knowledge of the role of urbanization in global change.
- An introduction to the principles, practices, and professional literature of urban planning, site planning, and urban design in the United States and other parts of the world.
- Familiarity with some principal data sources in urban analysis and planning, such as Census data and other public and private data sources, maps, and codes.
- A multidisciplinary understanding of urban related issues growing from exposure to the disciplines of Geography, Planning, and at least one cognate field.