Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Develop a basic understanding of the social, economic, cultural, political and environmental forces that are reshaping the lives of peoples and nations around the world
- Study, discuss and analyze a variety of major global issues and problems
- Understand global interdependence and interconnectedness through the study of such topics as technological change, colonialism, national independence, international migration and trade, and the impact of major global conflicts
- Understand and apply concepts of diversity and multiculturalism in a variety of different countries around the world
- Possess at least a basic competency in a language other than English