Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Demonstrate an understanding of information flow, exchange, and storage as it influences the development of individuals, populations, and species.
- Demonstrate an understanding of structure and function at the level of the gene, genome, cell, tissue, organ, organ system and whole organism level.
- Apply biological knowledge to societal issues.
- Demonstrate scientific literacy in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the methods, techniques, concepts, and vocabularies of the social sciences (requires psych or soc as part of the major).
- Employ the scientific method through the design and implementation of experiments and the collection, analysis and interpretation of data.