Rental Policy Update:
Please review the recent announcement go to https://ogs.ny.gov/news/cl-869 or https://ogs.ny.gov/procurement/cl-869
Hertz is the sole car rental agency on NYS Contract. Reservation link is provided below. Our Contract Code is automatically loaded. https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/reservation/?id=35079&LinkType=HZLK
The replacement contract with Enterprise is in progress.
Enterprise had initially agreed, as a courtesy, to honor existing reservations and hold their pricing through December 31, 2019. They have since moved this date to February 29, 2020. Enterprise may give these same prices to new reservations. That is between them and the Authorized User. We want to be clear – that regardless of the type of reservation (existing or new) neither of these types of rentals are being rented ‘under’ an OGS contract, because the OGS Contract with Enterprise expired on October 18th
General Travel Procedures
The Reimbursement Rate Schedule provides the current reimbursement rates and related guidelines. Updates of the schedule are issued to departments as needed.
The travel regulations are complex. If there is a need to obtain additional information or clarification of items in this section, please contact the Accounting Office Travel Unit (518-437-3826).
- Reimbursement Rate Schedule
- Foreign Per Diem Rates
- Domestic Per Diem Rates
- Statement of Automobile Travel
- New York State Travel Voucher
- New York State Tax Exemption Certificate
- New Passport Requirements for Travelers
- NY State and Locate Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certificate ST-129
FAA Ban on MacBook Pros
Official Station, Related Allowances and Limitations
An employee's official station is used to determine allowable travel expense reimbursement. Designation of an employee's official station will be established in the best interest of the State and University and not the convenience of the employee.
Employees are in travel status when they are on official business and more than 35 miles from their official station or place of residence. Employees can be reimbursed for mileage, tolls, or parking costs but will not be allowed meals or lodging within 35 miles of their official station or place of residence.
Travel must be by the most economic method. A person traveling by an indirect route not associated with the purpose of the trip shall personally assume any extra costs incurred. No transportation costs will be allowed between an employee's residence and his or her official station.
New York State's published reimbursement rates for employee travel are the maximum amounts that can be paid. Account managers can allow for reimbursement at less than the full reimbursement rates by indicating such on the travel voucher.
The following conditions must be met for a State employee to be reimbursed from State funds.
- The travel involved is so integrally related to the duties of the employee that failure to travel would prohibit the employee from performing the primary duties of his or her position. Generally, attendance at conferences or seminars will be approved only if the individual is making a presentation or serving on a committee requiring his or her attendance.
- Failure to approve such travel would clearly result in a loss of income to the State. The measure of loss of income to the State is to be a net loss of income after any State expenditures for travel, lodging per diem, or participation fee are considered.
- The requested travel is required by the terms of a contract or grant.
Students and Non-Employees
University students may be reimbursed for travel when the trip is necessary for University purposes. Reimbursement will not be made for travel undertaken to support a student's educational program.
Occasionally, the need may arise to support the travel expenses of an individual who is not a State employee but who incurs expenses while performing services which benefit the University. For these individuals, the notation "Non-State Employee" should be entered in the "Title" section of the Travel Voucher. The document should specify the relationship of the traveler to the State and a description of the University work to be done. Reimbursement will be based on the rates and other policies specified in the Reimbursement Rate Schedule. (Also see Section - Interviewee Travel Expenses).