Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- The student will be familiar with the mechanisms operating in the major political institutions and agencies for the creation and implementation of public policies.
- The student will be familiar with the social forces that affect the creation of public policies.
- The student will be familiar with the predominant political, economic, and social actors that actively engage in the policymaking process, including expert communities, interest groups, the media, agency bureaucrats, and elected officials.
- The student will be familiar with the dominant ideas presently used in the social sciences for understanding the impetus for the creation of public policy and the means for its successful implementation.
- The student will be able to apply this understanding of the various components of social policy making to effectively introduce new aspects to the existing consideration of a specific area of recent public policy interest.