Create and Teach Online Courses with Confidence
Broaden your knowledge of web-based learning and gain skills in online and blended curriculum development, instructional practice, and assessment methods.
The 15-credit graduate certificate in online learning and teaching (COLT) prepares you to use educational technology and web-based resources to enhance and deliver K-12 public or private school classes, college and university courses, and professional training.
Courses for the interactive, cohort-based program are instructor-led and held entirely online. Faculty actively facilitate online discussion, guide inquiry, answer questions, and provide feedback.
Program of Study
- Introduction to Online Teaching
- Introduction to Distance Learning
- K-12 Online Teaching and Learning
- Teaching and Learning in Immersive Environments
Educational Computing and Instructional Design
- Educational Computing
- Systematic Design of Instruction
- Integrating Technology Across the Curriculum
Educational Theory and Practice
- Contemporary Patterns in Teaching
- Seminar in Instructional Technology
- Graduate Internship in Online Learning
For more information call 518-442-5090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the COLT program, you develop a personalized curriculum by choosing from groups of selected course options. This enables you to narrow or broaden your course of study in whatever way best supports your individual career goals in online teaching.
Sample course topics:
- The history and technology of instructional media such as audio, video, software, websites, and satellite broadcasting.
- Immersive games, simulations, and virtual reality programs designed to educate children or adults.
- Educational computer software applications, programming, hypermedia, and telecommunications.
- Learning, instruction, and design of materials that support independent learning.
All credits earned toward the graduate online teaching certificate can be applied to the master's program in curriculum development and instructional technology.
Careers and Advisement
The Pathways Into Education (PIE) Center is the central office on campus serving undergraduate, graduate, and prospective students interested in pursuing careers in education and programs leading to teacher certification.
Please call or email to schedule an appointment.
Email Graduate Advisement