Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Understand the concepts and principles of development (biological, cognitive, and psychosocial) and how they interact to affect the life course.
- Recognize the commonalities as well as the diversity of patterns of human development.
- Understand various theories of human development, and apply these theories to practice.
- Demonstrate basic literacy in research methods and statistics relevant to the field of human development.
- Recognize issues of equity and social justice as they impact human development, and demonstrate sensitivity to cultural issues and challenges in order to work effectively with diverse populations.