Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Acquire ability to collect data from a primary source (native speaker) and analyze it using techniques learned from previous coursework.
- Acquire ability to effectively collect linguistic data from secondary sources such as grammars, dictionaries, other linguistic sources.
- Acquire oral and written presentation skills to present linguistic analysis.
- Understand and critically evaluate descriptions of grammatical structure from the linguistic literature.
- Understands basic principles, assumptions and terminology used in major sub-areas: phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, acquisition and sociolinguistics, and apply this knowledge to analysis of data within theoretical frameworks for phonological, morphological and syntactic analyses and their applications and contributions.