Graduate Academic Council (GAC)
The Graduate Academic Council is responsible for the conduct of the University’s graduate educational program. This Council reviews proposals for new graduate programs and provide guidance to the University Senate and the Graduate Dean on the administration of graduate education at the University.
Charter of the University Senate, Section X.4.4. The Council as a whole shall review all proposals for new graduate programs. It shall submit recommended program approvals to the University Senate for consideration.
Charter of the University Senate, Section X.4.5. The Council as a whole shall review proposals that would affect the continuation of graduate programs
Boluwatife Ajayi, Rakhee Balaram, Ming-Ching Chang, Kim Colvin, Philip Eppard, Kathleen Flynn, Andrew Gill, Oleg Lunin (Chair), Jaclyn Napoleon (Vice Chair), Emily Pacer, Byoung Park, Eliot Rich, Kevin Williams (Ex Officio)
GAC Standing Committees 2022-2023
- Committee on Curriculum and Instruction
- Responsible for oversight of the graduate academic curriculum and in particular any proposed changes within existing programs.
- Members: Kim Colvin, Philip Eppard, Kathleen Flynn, Rachael French, Byoung Park, Eliot Rich
- Committee on Admissions and Academic Standing
- Responsible for establishing the criteria for determining academic standing and admissions policy, the application of both and consideration of any related petitions for exception.
- Members: Rakhee Balaram, Ming-Ching Chang, Andrew Gill, Oleg Lunin, Jaclyn Napoleon, Emily Pacer
- Committee on Educational Policy and Procedure
- Provides recommendations on policies concerning the administration and conduct of graduate programs
- The CEP&P was not constituted or staffed with members for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Please contact Colleen Davis at [email protected] if interested in attending GAC meetings.
Meetings, Minutes & Agendas
Spring 2023 meetings - to be scheduled
September 20, 2022 Agenda Minutes
October 13, 2022 Agenda Minutes
November 8, 2022 Agenda Minutes
December 1, 2022 Agenda Minutes