Chalking, Marking, and Painting on Campus
- Date of Interim Approval:
- Date of Permanent Approval:
To maintain the good order and clean appearance of its Campuses, the University at Albany regulates chalking, marking, or painting on surfaces on its Campus.
Campus or Campuses is any University owned, leased, licensed or operated space, facility, property, grounds or building.
Third Party or Parties is any person, organization, group or entity not legally affiliated with the University including, but not limited to the general public, contractors, vendors, guests and visitors to the University, those using University facilities or property under a University revocable permit, and volunteers not enrolled as such on University systems.
University is the University at Albany, State University of New York.
- Types of surfaces, materials and messages included in this Policy
- The University at Albany prohibits the use of sidewalk chalk, even soluble chalk, by students, faculty, staff, invited guests and/or Third Parties on its sidewalks, parking lots, driveways, roads, buildings, landscaping, and any other Campus structure or property, of any sort or nature, including, but not limited to statues, benches, walls, signs, poles and trees, for any purposes, including but not limited to, promoting events, making announcements and/or sharing messages of any kind or nature unless expressly permitted in advance in writing by the Responsible University Official designated for this policy.
- The use of markers, paints of any sort, oil based products and/or any material that is temporary or permanent are also prohibited from being used on Campus as set forth above in paragraph (A)(1) of this policy.
- Enforcement and Compliance
- Any person alleged to have violated this Policy shall be reported to the Vice President for Finance and Administration. The Vice President for Finance and Administration or designee may refer the person for criminal and/or civil charges for damages as well as student and/or employee discipline.
- There are no procedures to accompany this Policy.
- This Policy shall be effective immediately upon approval.