Program of Study
Organizational Communication Course Options
Learn how to use theory and research to understand organizational communication in practice and propose courses of action that achieve business goals and satisfy internal stakeholders.
This concentration helps you become a more effective communicator and message designer in the workplace and global business environments.
- Communication & Culture Across Organizational Contexts
- Communicating Globally
- Interaction in Institutional Contexts
- Communication, Work, and Organizational Life
- Leadership Communication
- Corporate Communication
“Contemporary organizations involve complex internal and external communication processes. The organizational communication concentration allows you to closely examine problematic and productive interactions between employers and their employees, and between employees across an organization, especially in digital contexts.”
- Dr. Annis Golden, Associate Professor
Strategic Communication Course Options
Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Organizational communication concentration: Apply knowledge of theory and research within the field of organizational communication to understanding and explaining communication phenomena experienced within practical contexts, and proposing courses of action designed to achieve relevant communication-related goals, including those related to adapting to external environments and stakeholders, and those related to integrating activities of internal stakeholders.
- Strategic communication concentration: Apply knowledge of theory and research within the field of strategic communication to understanding, explaining, designing and critiquing communication practices that aim to build and sustain engagement between audiences and message designers, with a particular focus on online platforms, in a variety of social contexts (e.g., health, politics and government, workplaces).