Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Students will be able to show comprehension of five key concepts from Marketing, Organizational Behavior, Finance, Accounting, Law, and IT Management.
- Be able to understand the importance of ethics and values in the field of accounting and in the world of business.
- Be able to communicate complex technical auditing and accounting issues through effective writing and presentation skills.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of the impact of the global business environment, diversity, and multiculturalism on company performance, management, employee behavior, and the practice of accounting.
- Be able to understand accounting in an international context.
- Be able to use database software to create a database that can be used to analyze management and financial data and to prepare professional reports.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize research databases in an audit or an accounting context.
- Demonstrate how to analyze a business problem to arrive at an effective solution.
- Be able to understand the legal and economic environment of business generally, and in particular as related to the practice of accounting.
- Understand the mechanics of financial reporting, the measurement of elements of financial statements and demonstrate the ability to prepare financial statements.