Rolling Fall, Spring, Summer
Fee waivers are available for the first program you apply to in SOPHAS to cover the initial $140 application fee. There are three types of fee waivers: financial-based, service-based, and international-based. You may only apply for one type of fee waiver, and the waiver request must be submitted before you submit your SOPHAS application. Fee waivers are granted on a first come, first served basis, so applicants are strongly encouraged to apply before the priority deadline when requesting a waiver. For more information, visit SOPHAS Fees and Fee Waivers.
The application and all supporting materials for the online Master of Public Health must be submitted through SOPHAS.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing
- Grade point average of 3.00 in a completed bachelor's and/or graduate degree
- One semester of social sciences
- A college-level course in mathematics (algebra or pre-calculus) or statistics with a grade of B or higher
Note: GRE not required for admission.
For application specific questions, contact us at email@example.com or 518-402-6479.
- WES evaluations for international transcripts
- Minimum TOEFL score of 98 (institution code: 5688), two semesters of full-time study at a US college or university, or completion of an undergraduate degree in a country where English is the official language and language of instruction
Note: At this time we are only able to accept international students if they are living in the US for the full duration of their study. Please note that F-1 and J-1 students are not eligible for enrollment to the online MPH program
Required Application Materials
- Official transcripts from EVERY post-secondary academic institution attended, including college coursework completed during high school, must be sent directly from the institution to SOPHAS.
- UAlbany students must have an official UAlbany transcript sent directly to SOPHAS.
- Applicants who use the transcript entry service provided by SOPHAS should note that the entry process adds TWO FULL WEEKS to the time it takes for an application to be verified and considered complete by the admissions committee.
Three letters of recommendation
- A minimum of two letters must be from academic faculty
- At least one letter must be from a university faculty member in the major field of study
- Applicants who have been out of school for five years or more may submit professional references.
- Letters must be signed and on institutional/organizational letterhead
- Why do you wish to pursue a career in public health and why are you interested in your chosen area of study?
- 2-page limit
Applicants should submit their application as soon as the items you have control over are complete (personal statement, resume/CV, institutions attended, coursework entry, and all other required sections of the online application). Test scores, transcripts and letters of recommendation will be added as they are received, after which SOPHAS will begin verifying your application.
Applications will not be reviewed until all required items, including official transcripts, official test scores, and required letters of recommendation, have been received and your application has been verified. Please note that once SOPHAS has received all of your application materials, it may take up to 4 full weeks to be verified by SOPHAS. Be sure to request all transcripts, recommendations, and standardized test scores in advance so that your application can be completed and verified by the specified application deadline.
Please note: This program requires an internship, field experience, study abroad component, or clinical experience requirement. Students who have previously been convicted of a felony are advised that their prior criminal history may impede their ability to complete the requirements of certain academic programs and/or to meet licensure requirements for certain professions. If applicants have concerns about this matter please contact the Dean’s Office of the intended academic program.