Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Demonstrate an understanding of life-sustaining chemical pathways and genetic information flow, exchange, and storage
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process of evolution as it influences the development of individuals, populations, and species.
- Demonstrate an understanding of structure and function at the level of the gene, genome, cell, tissue, organ, organ system and whole organism level
- Demonstrate an understanding of the origins and diversity of life (only program requiring 330).
- Apply biological knowledge to societal issues.
- Employ the scientific method through the design and implementation of experiments and the collection, analysis and interpretation of data.
- Demonstrate scientific literacy in oral and written communication.