Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Obtain a general knowledge of the basic principles of biological systems through a series of required courses in Genetics, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, and Evolution.
- Obtain depth of knowledge in a selected area of biology through upper level courses.
- Develop skills in analytical thinking through problem-based assignments and exams and laboratory exercises.
- Develop skills in the use of current methodology and investigation through laboratory courses.
- Understand the scientific research infrastructure of the United States.