Human Resources

Employment Procedures

Appointment Forms  |  Due Dates

EMP-1 New Employee Information Form - required for all new employees and rehired employees after a break in service of a year or more.
HRM-1 Position Authorization Request Form
HRM-2 Appointment Request Form & Directions - in addition to this form, please have all new employees, or employees rehired after a break in service of a year or more, complete the EMP-1 form.
HRM-3 Change of Status Request Form & Directions
HRM-4 Appointment Request Form for GA & TA
UP-8A Internal Extra Service

VOL-2 Volunteer and Unpaid Employee Form  - please note that foreign nationals visiting the U.S. on a visa are required to be in a work authorized status in order to perform services on a voluntary basis.  All VOL-2 requests for visa holders must be accompanied by proper visa documentation prior to the start of the volunteer appointment.  VOL-2 forms without this documentation will not be processed.


Appointment Packet Items

I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification) - this link takes you to a U.S. government site, which has the most up-to-date version of the form and download instructions.  This form is required of any new employee or rehired employee with a break in service of a year or more.
EMP-1- Required of any new employee or rehired employee with a break in service of a year or more.
Access and Compliance Agreement (ACA) - this is now an online tool requiring use of you NetID and password.  To print a copy of this form, click here.
Form IT-2104(NYS) Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Form W-4 (Federal) Employees Withholding Allowance Certificate
Professional Background Information and Vita Form (AP-4)
Oath Card (State Employee Statement in Lieu of Oath Pursuant to Civil Service Law §62 and Public Officers Law §78 Certificate--Form DS-1690)(PDF)
Verification of Employee Credentials

Required forms for Graduate & Teaching Assistants, Resident Assistants, and Fellowships 


Application for Change in Title or Salary (CC-2) (NYS Civil Service Form)
Application for Classified Service Employment

Extra Service

Extra Service Approval Request Form (UP-8A)
Extra Service Approval Request Form for M/C employees (UP-6)
Extra Service Voucher
Request for Approval of Dual Employment (AC-1588)

» all HR forms