Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Students will acquire proficiency in spoken and written language to the advanced college level [Chinese and Japanese majors]
- Students will gain elementary proficiency in one or more East Asian language [East Asian Studies majors]
- Students will gain intermediate proficiency in spoken and written Korean [East Asian Studies majors with a Korean minor]
- Students will gain familiarity with the highlights of East Asian Literature, History, Religion and Geography. [all majors]
- Students will acquire an ability to navigate library catalogs and the internet with specific emphasis on Chinese, Japanese and Korean databases and resources in order to conduct research using East Asian Studies materials. [all majors]
- Students will complete research projects on one or more East Asian Countries [all majors]
- Students will gain an understanding of native perspectives from a broad exposure to primary material [all majors]