A Commitment to Health & Safety
UAlbany's plans are aligned with local, state and federal guidance and rooted in the safety of our students, employees and the public with which we interact. Our primary goal is to protect public health and continue our vital missions of education and research.
Our knowledge of the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, so our protocols and plans will be updated as more information becomes available. Please check this website often.
Visit our Campus COVID-19 Dashboard for our latest case and testing numbers.
Health Monitoring & Test Results
If you or someone you know is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, or has received a positive diagnostic test result, do not come to campus. Please visit our Health & Safety page for instructions for notifying the University and other next steps.
Summer 2021 Information
- Nearly all Summer 2021 courses are being delivered online.
- All unvaccinated students and employees who are coming to any of our campuses during the summer must participate in our weekly surveillance testing program. Students must also adhere to our summer arrival protocol if they come to campus during the summer term.
- Our strict safety requirements and procedures require masks and physical distancing for unvaccinated individuals and hand hygiene for all. In the rare case a member of our campus community does not abide by our health and safety expectations, we have established a secure reporting system.
- All unvaccinated individuals on campus are required to wear a face mask inside all buildings — unless the person is inside a private residence hall room, office, workspace with a proper barrier, workspace distanced at least six feet from any other occupied workspace, or other enclosed space where they are alone. Unvaccinated individuals must wear a mask each time they leave their workspace.
- Unvaccinated individuals must wear a face mask outdoors when they are unable to maintain six feet of physical distance from others.
- Visitors and events are allowed but must adhere to our visitor and events protocol.
Fall 2021 Information
The University at Albany plans to resume in-person instruction as our primary mode of course delivery for the Fall 2021 semester.
Our shift back to regular in-person instruction, on-campus housing and student life will be aligned with local, state and federal public health guidelines.
Students and employees who are fully vaccinated — meaning they have received all required doses, at least two weeks have passed since their final dose, and they have submitted their proof of vaccination to UAlbany — will not be required to adhere to most COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
However, students and employees who are not yet fully vaccinated will be required to participate in all health and safety protocols.
Visit the Plans for the Fall 2021 Semester page for more detailed information.