Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Student will be able to define Federal and State laws and legal processes relevant to cybercrime investigations.
- Students will be able to identify and define computer forensics analysis concepts, tools, and techniques.
- Students will be able to utilize appropriate methods collecting and preserving digital evidence at cybercrime scenes.
- The student will be able to identify federal and state legal statutes, case law and government regulations relevant to network data preservation and incident forensic response.
- Students will be able to prepare a comprehensive written report and present forensic findings to a panel of subject matter experts.
- The student should be able to effectively provide testimony during direct and cross-examination.