Bills, Payments and Refunds
Understanding Your E-Bill
E-Bills are issued on or about the 20th of each month, and payment is due on the 15th of the following month.
Email notification is sent to the student's @albany.edu email address, as well as to Authorized Users, when E-Bills are issued and ready to be viewed at epay.albany.edu. Paper invoices are not sent.
A billing postcard is mailed to the student's permanent U.S. address at the time the first Fall semester E-Bill is issued. Spring semester billing postcards are sent to all newly enrolled students.
E-Bill Balance vs. MyUAlbany Balance
The balance on your E-Bill is the balance at the time the E-Bill was issued. Any changes you make to your financial aid, enrollment or payments will change the balance owed. A real-time balance is available on MyUAlbany on the "Finances" tab under "My Student Account."
If your E-Bill and MyUAlbany account balances differ, you may pay whichever balance is less.
What You Need to Know About Your E-Bill
An E-Bill is a snapshot of your account activity at the time it was issued.
- Payment Plan Enrollees pay four equal installments, not the full account balance shown on the E-Bill. Monthly installment amounts should be viewed and paid at epay.albany.edu.
- The “Previous Balance” is the balance from your last invoice, if unpaid.
- A detailed view of “Anticipated Aid” is available on MyUAlbany under the "Finances" tab.
- Real-time balances are available on MyUAlbany under the “Finances” tab.
- E-Bill messages should be reviewed on each invoice. Messages change each month and contain important information regarding your tuition and fees and actions you should take.