- NOTE: Changes in the NYS Finance Law 200 (4) (a) (ii) make direct deposit a requirement for all new employees hired after 1/1/23. A completed, signed AC2772 is now a required part of any necessary on-boarding documents for all employees
The University at Albany participates in the New York State Direct Deposit Program. Through this program, you may choose to have your NET salary directly deposited in up to seven (7) accounts via Electronic Funds Transfer with any financial institution within the 50 States that is capable of receiving transactions through the Automated Clearing House System.
Employees are responsible for immediately reimbursing the University if funds are deposited for which the employee is not entitled.
- Enrollment forms can be downloaded here and are available in the University Payroll Office, UAB 300, (518) 437-3830. The Guide To Complete the form can be found here.
- All sections of the Direct Deposit form (AC2772) must be completed. Sections A and B are completed by the employee. Section C must be completed and signed by the bank for each account, or if depositing in a checking account, a voided check must be attached.
- Enrollment forms must be turned in to the Office of Human Resources (OHR), UAB 300. Forms will not be accepted by email or fax. Due to the increase in attempts to defraud NYS Employees, and as directed by NYS Office of the State Comptroller, OHR will verify all direct deposit forms received. Employees dropping off forms in person will be asked to show a photo ID, so we may verify identity and approve the form for processing. Forms dropped off without ID verification, and all Direct Deposit forms received by mail will be verified prior to processing.
- Processing times will vary due to the additional steps, especially in times of high volume (such as the beginning of the semester). Your direct deposit change will be effective in one to three paychecks after your form is submitted.
- Due to the Office of the State Comptroller’s process that automatically inactivates direct deposit after an employee is separated for 3 pay periods, most employees who are not paid for the summer period will need to submit a direct deposit reactivation form to restart existing direct deposit information. **Most student assistant and work-study employees will NOT need to reactivate direct deposit when returning from summer. To reactivate direct deposit information (without changes) from a previous semester, complete the Reactivation Request form.
- Direct Deposit is automatically cancelled if your employment is terminated or you are on leave without pay (excluding worker's compensation) for more than three pay periods. Complete the Reactivation Request to re-enroll.
- Employees routinely low on time or incurring lost time due to lack of accruals may be cancelled from the program.
- Employees routinely failing to turn in time sheets/time cards in a timely fashion may be cancelled from the program.
Go paperless - opt out of receiving printed paystubs (form)
Reactivation of existing Direct Deposit (form)
Direct deposit form