Home > Winter Closing Information
Residential Life Winter Closing Information
Important Residence Halls Closing Information
Residence Halls close Friday, December 20th at 12:00pm (noon). All students MUST leave the residence halls 24 hours after their last exam or by 12:00pm (noon) on December 20th, whichever occurs first
Students living in buildings designated as recess buildings may stay only if they have filled out the Recess Housing Application
- Attend Your Resident Assistant's Closing Meeting
- Report all window problems to the Quad office
- Close and Lock all windows before you leave
- Unplug all of your electronics; refrigerators can remain plugged in
- Take all garbage & recyclables to the trash room
- All First Floor residences must close shades. All other floors, leave shades open
- Bring home all valuables, medications, passports, etc.
- All Access is STRICTLY PROHIBITED once the halls are closed.
- The last student to leave must notify staff that the room is vacant.
Moving to a New Room?
- Check out of your current assignment and remove all belongings by 12pm (noon) on Friday, December 20th.
- Check into your new assignment on January 19th 2014 after 11am.
- Failure to check out of your current location will forfeit your new assignment
Not returning for the Spring 2014 Semester?
Your Residence Hall Licence is a legal binding contract for the entire academic year.
If you are leaving for any reason, you must:
- Complete the Housing Release Application and submit it to the Office of Residential life located in the basement of Eastman tower on State Quad.
- Attend the damage billing meeting
- Upon approval of your release request, you must completely check out of your room, make an appointment with the Quad Office to turn in your keys and officially checkout.
All Freshman & Sophomores are required to live on campus.