Home > Current Residents > Housing Sign-up Information > Attending Housing Signup > Open Lottery Sign Up
Open Lottery Sign Up
Current University Students: March 6th to March 13th from 10am to 6pm. (Based on Lottery Number)
Your lottery number corresponds with a date and time located on the lottery number schedule. On that date and time you will report to the Empire Commons Community Building.
Things to know for Housing Sign up
- Please do not come earlier than your scheduled time. Arriving early does not impact your place in line. At the beginning of each hour, staff will place you in line according to your lottery number or the lowest of your group. If you happen to arrive, due to class conflict after the start of the hour, you will be placed into the line according to your lottery number as well.
- We will then verify your ID, housing deposit status and most importantly – lottery number to make sure that you are scheduled to sign up during that timeframe.
- You will then enter the conference room where each quad with available space will be represented. Floor plans will be available for you to review and staff will be able to answer general questions that you may have about the quad.
- You will then select your room and possibly your roomates/sutiemates assignments.
- You will receive an official assignment notification via email the end of April.
- All University at Albany Residence Halls as well as University Apartments are Smoke Free.
- Room type options are as follows: Standard double and designed triple.
- After you sign-up and select a room, there are NO CHANGES, NO EXCEPTIONS!