Students Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient of the University Health Center , you have the right…
- To respectful and considerate care, regardless of gender, race, nationality, religion, age or sexual orientation.
- To confidentially of health information and privacy.
- To know the name and position of the person(s) attending to you via identification badges.
- To proper medical advice, care and attention.
- To an explanation of your diagnosis, medical needs and prognosis
- To participate in treatment decisions and receive appropriate information to ensure informed consent for any proposed procedure.
- To refuse medical attention and accept the consequences of doing so.
- To refuse referrals and accept the consequences of doing so.
- To follow-up care.
- To change providers.
- To access medical records when requested in writing.
- To refuse or approve the release or disclosure of he content of his/her medical record except as required by law.
- To know what is billable to you before services have been rendered.
- To have access to a fee schedule in every department.
- To report a grievance to the Medical Director, VP of Student Success or the New York State Department of Health or by filling out a patient satisfaction survey.
As a patient of the University Health Center, you have the responsibility…
- To schedule appointments in advance, keep appointments, be prompt and call ahead to cancel an appointment.
- To provide complete and accurate medical and psychological history (including medication history).
- To follow the provider’s treatment plan as prescribed.
- To ask questions if you do not understand what the provider has told you.
- To be respectful of all UHC staff and UHC property.
- To pay for all charges billed to you.
- To know your insurance name and policy number