General Medical Care
The General Medical Care Clinic at the UAlbany Student Health Services provides medical services similar to a Family Physician’s office.
Medical Conditions seen at Student Health Services consist of:
- Respiratory symptoms including coughs, colds, flu like illness
- Musculoskeletal complaints including sprains, strains, evaluation for fractures
- Evaluation of psychiatric complaints including sleep disorders, depression and anxiety
- Rashes and other dermatologic conditions
- Minor surgical procedures:
- Laceration repair
- Abscess drainage
- Ingrown toenail resection
- School Related Physical Exams
Additional Medical Services Include:
- Sexually Transmitted Infection testing and treatment
- HIV testing
- TB Skin testing (PPD’s)
Services are provided by appointment by calling 518-442-5229 (students can usually be scheduled with a same day appointment on the day they call for sick visits).
All M.D.s, D.O.s, PA-C's, and ARNP's are licensed/certified to practice general medicine including clinical exams, diagnosis, labs, treatments, referrals and prescription services.
Whenever possible, we encourage students to establish a relationship with a provider and to request him/her for continuity of care.