General Medical Care
The General Medical Care Clinic at the UAlbany Student Health Services provides medical services similar to a Family Physician’s office.
Medical Conditions seen at Student Health Services consist of:
- Respiratory symptoms including coughs, colds, flu like illness
- Musculoskeletal complaints including sprains, strains, evaluation for fractures
- Evaluation of psychiatric complaints including sleep disorders, depression and anxiety
- Rashes and other dermatologic conditions
- Minor surgical procedures:
- Laceration repair
- Abscess drainage
- School Related Physical Exams
Additional Medical Services Include:
- Sexually Transmitted Infection testing and treatment
- HIV testing
- TB testing (school related only)
Services are provided by appointment by calling 518-442-5229 (students can usually be scheduled with a same day appointment on the day they call for sick visits).
All M.D.s, D.O.s, PA's, and NP's are licensed to practice general medicine including clinical exams, diagnosis, labs, treatments, referrals and prescription services.
Whenever possible, we encourage students to establish a relationship with a provider and to request him/her for continuity of care.