All visits to Student Health Services are free of charge to registered UAlbany students.
The costs a UAlbany student may incur at Student Health Services are for:
- In-house lab tests (mono tests, rapid strep tests, pregnancy tests, rapid HIV), $10 each
- Lab tests sent to an outside lab are charged directly by the referring (outside) lab to the student or their insurance.
- Durable Medical Goods (crutches, splints) $2-$35 depending on equipment dispensed
- Co-Pays on contraceptives
- Co-Pays on allergy medications
- Over the Counter Medication
- Medication costs in the unusual event the $100/semester Cap is exceeded each fall/spring semester
- Medications dispensed during the summer semester
All visits are by appointment and can be made by calling 518-442-5229 during business hours or using our online tool.
Patients are advised to arrive 10-15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment in order to allow time for paperwork and the initial nurse evaluation.
When scheduling appointments, students are reminded to account for travel time whether by shuttle, bus or car.
Patients arriving more than 5 minutes past the scheduled appointment time (15 minutes past the time they were instructed to arrive) have in essence missed that appointment.
These students are rescheduled to the next available appointment. Often they are able to be seen sooner than the appointment time provided.