Admission and Applications
Albany Undergraduate Students
If you are a University at Albany student and are a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior during the regular academic year, you are already admitted and need only see your assigned academic advisor for course advisement and to obtain clearance to register. Students who have been academically dismissed or who voluntarily withdraw are not automatically eligible to enroll unless readmission has been granted.
Newly Admitted Students
If you are a newly admitted transfer or freshman student at the University at Albany for the spring semester, you are not eligible to register for the Wintersession term.
College or College-Bound Students
If you are visiting from another college/university, or if you have been accepted in the spring to a college/univeristy other than Albany, you will need to apply for admission in the Office of General Studies and Summer Sessions, SS-110. You my register by mail, fax, or in person using the Nondegree Registration Application.
High School Students
If you are currently attending high school as a senior, you can apply for admission to the Office of General Studies and Summer Sessions, SS-110. You may register via mail, fax, or in-person using the downloadable High School Application. Please make sure to follow the instructions listed below before applying for admission. High school students may only register for 100- or 200-level courses. Enrollment is on a space-available basis, with priority given to students currently enrolled in colleges and universities.
To apply for admission during the Wintersession term, high school students must:
- Submit an application for nondegree, undergraduate study to the Office of General Studies and Summer Sessions.
- Attach to your application a current high school transcript.
- Attach a letter of reference from your guidance counselor. This letter, written on school letterhead, should attest to your emotional and intellectual readiness for college coursework and indicate that you can reasonably be expected to compete academically with university students.
- Meet any and all stated prerequisites for the course(s) in question.
General Studies Students
If you are a high school graduate, or hold a high school equivalency diploma, or if you have already completed a baccalaureate degree or higher, you may be admitted as a General Studies student. You may register via mail, fax, or in-person using the Nondegree Registration Application.
Submitting your application and the resulting registration makes you liable for tuition charges for the total of your registered credit hours.
Current UAlbany Students
If you are already matriculated as a degree-seeking students at the University at Albany, you only need to see your academic advisor for your Winter AVN and appointments time for registering for Wintersession on MyUAlbany. You will register as you normally would for any other academic semester.
Visiting Students and General Studies Students
Use this application if you are an undergraduate student who is:
- Matriculated at another college other than the University at Albany and who does not have an application pending at this University.
- A high school graduate who is not currently affiliated with a college/university.
- A student who holds a bachelor’s degree or higher and is not currently a graduate student at the University at Albany.
Nondegree Registration Application
High School Students
Please be sure to follow the detailed instructions regarding your admission.
High School Application