Student Organization Resource Center
Campus Center 110A
M, T, Th, F: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
W: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
The Student Organization Resource Center's central purpose is to assist student organizations and their leaders in being wholly successful within a thriving campus community here at UAlbany.
Services offered include:
- Advising on event plans and ensuring proper adherence with all university policies.
- Addressing questions about MyInvolvement, reservations, registration, and other student group-related issues.
- Maintaining a schedule of student organizations’ on and off-campus events for the purposes of marketing and increasing on-campus awareness of student organization activity.
- Provide ‘day of’ help as needed to student group members to ensure their events are successful.
- Assist with outreach and marketing efforts of student group events.
- Plan collaborative programs & workshops with Student Association, Graduate Student Association, and Student Affairs staff to help student leaders become better adept at leading their organizations.
- Recognize student group achievements through the conferral of awards.
- Help students establish new organizations, gain recognition, and navigate the various policies of their relevant governing body.
Student Group Registration
Each year, all student organizations are required to register with the Office of Student Involvement in order to access various services, including room reservations, tabling, web/email space, posting flyers, and use of a page on MyInvolvement.org. Registration is conducted via each organization's MyInvolvement page. Please visit this page for more information.
A document outlining procedures for reserving space, hosting events, risk management, and more!
Mandatory Sexual Violence Prevention Training
Please see this link for more information.
Looking for a Faculty Advisor?
Each student organization is required to select an advisor who is a faculty or staff member at the University at Albany. Click here for more information.
Managing Your Organization's MyInvolvement Page
User Guide for CollegiateLink
Record Your Community Service Hours on MyInvolvement
Student Organization Web or Email Accounts
Student Organization Web Account (SOWA) Form - to request web space on the albany.edu server. You will be asked to log in with your NetID and password in order to submit the form.
SOWA Password Reset Form - to change the password to your web space.
SOWA Tutorial - how to upload files to the server
Email Account - to request an albany.edu email address for your organization. You will be asked to log in with your NetID and password in order to submit the form.
Partner With Career Services for Your Programming
Workshops that Can be Requested from Career Services
Includes a checklist!
Use this link if you wish to order catered food or if you wish to serve food from a vendor other than University Dining Services.
Podium Posting Guidelines
Lecture Center Charitable Wall Display Request Form
Hanging Banners in the Campus Center Lobby