There are many ways to be involved at the University at Albany:
- ATTEND events/activities
- PARTICIPATE in events/activities
- VOLUNTEER or work at events/activities
- ORGANIZE by becoming an active member of a group
- LEAD an existing group or start a new group
MyInvolvement.org is your official source for involvement opportunities at UAlbany!
- Browse the opportunities for involvement, ranging from athletic, political, cultural, and service organizations to University-wide initiatives.
- Join an organization!
- Communicate with group leaders and other members.
- Stay up-to-date after you join.
- Track your community service hours.
- Print your Involvement Record to document all that you've done outside of the classroom while at UAlbany.
WHY GET INVOLVED?
INVOLVEMENT has a positive effect on YOUR UAlbany experience. In a 2012 Campus Activities Survey, UAlbany students told us their involvement in campus activities had the following positive effects:
- 79% became more knowledgeable about the campus community
- 77% said their communication skills improved
- 76% learned to better balance social activities with academic obligations
- 75% gained the ability to work as a team.
- 72% had a greater understanding of diverse perspectives.