University Facilities and Plant Policies
Buildings & Operations
The University strives to operate in the most sustainable manner possible through a combination of energy efficiency and conservation projects, renewable energy technologies, green cleaning and sustainable waste management.
UAlbany is currently undergoing a series of construction and renovation projects.
What is LEED?
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification indicates that a building was designed and built to meet certain standards in sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality. There are currently five LEED certified buildings at the University at Albany:
- Liberty Terrace - LEED Gold
- Data Center - LEED Gold
- Massry Center for Business - LEED Gold
- Husted Hall - LEED Silver
- SBA Annex Building - LEED Silver
- RNA Institute/LSRB Builing - LEED Silver
- Mohawk Tower - LEED GOLD
- Purple Path
- Landscape Master Plan
- Campus Center Expanion Project - targeted for LEED Gold
- Classroom Renovations and Upgrades
For more information about all ongoing work and projects please visit www.albany.edu/facilities.