Counseling and Psychological Services promotes the behavioral and emotional health, furthers the social development, and enhances the academic success and personal resilience of University at Albany students. To achieve this, CAPS professionals:
- Coordinate and deliver psychological counseling, assessment, and consultation services;
- Develop and implement prevention initiatives and programs addressing alcohol and other drug use, mental health promotion, suicide prevention and positive psychology;
- Implement innovative interventions based on best practices, conduct program evaluation research and seek grant funding to further these initiatives;
- Train advanced doctoral students and teach undergraduate and graduate academic courses;
- Supervise the daily operation of a peer assistance and education program;
- Develop and deliver accessible services that are responsive to the needs of a diverse campus community.