The following resources are not affiliated with the University at Albany. This list is intended to be a guide for those looking for LGBTQ information, support groups, organizations and resources in the Capital District and beyond.
- Albany NY LGBTQ Life Founded more than 400 years ago, Albany is filled with rich history and traditions, beautiful architecture influenced from around the world, spectacular events and entertainment venues, amazing restaurants, and people from all walks of life - including a vibrant and active gay and lesbian community concentrated in Albany's Lark Street/Center Square neighborhood.
- PrideCenter of the Capital District Region
Founded in 1970, the PrideCenter of the Capital Region is dedicated to serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) community. As the oldest continuously operating LGBTQ community center in the country, the Pride Center has worked to build a welcoming and empowering community for all people.
- GLSEN, Inc., the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network Capital District Chapter
After witnessing harassment upon students at school, a group of teachers in Massachusetts decided to form the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network. This group is meant to ensure equality and respect among students regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- In Our Own Voices, Inc. (Programs and services for LGBTQ communities of color)
The In Our Own Voices organization serves the needs of lesbians, gay, bisexual and transgender people of color. Their mission is to ensure physical, mental, spiritual, political, cultural and economic survival and growth of LGBTQ communities of color.
- Whitney M. Young Health Center
Founded in 1971, Whitney M. Young is a non-profit community health center dedicated to providing affordable, accessible, high-quality, innovative medical and behavioral health services regardless of income or insurance status.
- Choices Counseling and Consulting
Serving the Capital District community for over 25 years, Choices Counseling and Consulting specializes in issues regarding sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity and expression. Clinicians draw from training and therapeutic skills that recognize, validate and celebrate diversity as a means to create safe space and welcoming spaces for all persons
- The Alliance for Positive Health
The Alliance for Positive Health is a community based organization dedicated to improving lives impacted by HIV/AIDS and other chronic illnesses. For over 30 years the Alliance for Positive Health has modeled client centered care and provided skills to help those we serve make informed decisions.
- Empire State Pride Agenda
We are New York's statewide lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights and advocacy group. Our mission is to win equality and justice for LGBT New Yorkers and our families. Thanks to supporters like you, our state continues to light the way.