What is Campus Gold?
Campus Gold, formerly known as Podium Advance, is a loan (or advance) up to $650 per semester and is typically utilized by students who are waiting for financial aid to arrive and are in need of purchasing such items as textbooks and supplies at the University Bookstore, items in vending machines and food/beverages at UAlbany dining locations.
Once you request Campus Gold funds, a Campus Gold account is set up in your name and works as a taxable debit account accessible via your SUNYCard. The amount you elect to add to your Campus Gold account is then charged to your student tuition account and may be deferred against financial aid and/or paid in monthly installments using the University’s E-Payment plan.
Can I use Campus Gold for off campus purchases?
Due to Federal Student Aid regulations, Campus Gold funds cannot be used for purchases at off campus (i.e.,Off Podium) locations.
How do I sign up for Campus Gold?
Once registered for classes, you can request Campus Gold by logging into your MyUALBANY account and following the instructions provided below. Students registered for the spring semester can request funds between December 30, 2013 and February 4, 2014. Students interested in Campus Gold for intersession or summer sessions should contact the SUNYCard Office at 518-442-5989 or firstname.lastname@example.org for sign up dates and procedures.
MyUALBANY instructions for requesting Campus Gold:
- Sign into your MyUALBANY account.
- Click on “Student Log On” and enter your net ID and password.
- Click on the “Campus Life” link.
- Click on “Request Campus Gold”.
- You will be prompted to authorize Title IV Financial Aid to pay additional charges on your tuition bill; continue to follow the prompts provided to authorize.
- Enter the dollar amount you want added to your Campus Gold account in the box in the middle of the page. The dollar amount has to be between $1 and $650 per semester.
- Read the agreement below the amount you entered and click on the ‘Agree’ and ‘Save’ buttons located at the bottom of the page.
- A confirmation page will display indicating that MyUALBANY has successfully recorded your transaction.
- You will receive a confirmation email to your UAlbany email informing you that the amount you entered has been added to your SUNYCard (usually within 30 minutes). The charge will be added to your tuition bill within 7 business days.
What happens to my balance at the end of a semester?
Your Campus Gold balance remains on your SUNYCard until you graduate or withdraw from UAlbany. If you are not a registered student for the following semester, Campus Gold balances in excess of $20 are automatically removed from your SUNYCard and refunded to your tuition bill. If you have paid your tuition bill in full, a refund check will be mailed to your home address. If you are not a registered student for two consecutive semesters and have not requested a refund, any remaining balance less than $20 will be forfeited.
How do I request a refund for unused funds on my Campus Gold account?
If you would like to decrease your Campus Gold account balance, you can have any unused Campus Gold funds credited back to your tuition bill by visiting the SUNYCard Office in Campus Center B-52.