Choosing A Meal Plan
1. Review the following meal plan information
Meal Plans include a combination of the following:
- Meals in all-you-care-to-eat residential dining rooms
- "Meal Trades" in Campus Center dining locations and late night take-out in residential dining locations during specified time periods
- A declining balance account (Munch Money) that allows you to purchase meals, food and beverages in dining rooms, the Campus Center, the Downtown Cafe, or in vending machines, tax-free
2. Think about your eating, study and social habits
- Consider the number of meals you typically eat on campus each day / week
- Consider where you prefer to eat, food court dining locations or in a buffet-style, all-you-care-to-eat setting that provides a wide range of food options
- Consider your snacking tendencies, do you often need Munch Money for vending purchases or late night take-out?
- Budget your Munch Money purchases and check your Munch Money balances throughout the semester (Balances can be checked online, in the SUNYCard office, or with any cashier)
3. Know the meal plan policies and when you can change your meal plan
- Meal plan changes can be made through the 10th business day after the start of each semester. Students can change their meal plan on MyUAlbany.
- Meal plans for commuters and students living in University Apartments must be purchased each semester, the plan does not automatically roll over from the previous semester as it does for residential students
- Meal plans are non-refundable and non-transferable due to New York State tax codes, that is also why meals cannot be used for guests. Guest meals can be purchased with Munch Money.
- Additional meals and Munch Money can be purchased at any time throughout the semester
- For more information regarding deadlines and meal plan policy information, check the Meal Plan webpage, or visit /call the SUNYCard office
4. Contact us at the SUNYCard Office if you have questions
5. Check out the meal plan options and choose the plan that best suits you: