New For Spring 2013
We have exciting new changes in store for you beginning this semester!
Munch Money in Vending at Your Convenience
- With the start of the 2013 spring semester, students can use their (meal plan) Munch Money account to purchase beverages and snacks in vending machines equipped with SUNYCard readers, 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- SUNYCard purchases will first be deducted from Munch Money funds. If the SUNYCard does not have
Munch Money funds, the purchase will be deducted from Podium Funds.
- Please note that for your financial protection, spending controls are in place for SUNYCard purchases made at vending machines. If your SUNYCard is used excessively for vending purchases, you will receive an email alert, if excessive purchases continue, your SUNYCard will be temporarily deactivated.
- If you have questions or need assistance, you can email email@example.com or call 518-442-5989.
Healthy Snacks and Beverages: New Leaf Vending
- If you have been looking for healthier, convenient, on-the-go items, we have good news for you. New Leaf Vending machines are now available offering wholesome alternaives to traditional vending machine items.
- You will find great tasting, healthy, all natural snacks and drinks; including all natural energy bars and trail mixes, gluten-free products, and organic cookies, candies and juices. In addition, New Leaf is a local company, located here in the Capital District.
- You'll find New Leaf Vending Machines at these convenient locations:
- The Campus Center - Uptown Campus: First Floor Vending Bank
- The Downtown Campus: Husted Cafe Vending Area
- The East Campus: Education Center Student Lounge
Composting Pilot Program: Indian Quad Dining Room
- Composting will take place on Indian Quad beginning this spring semester
- Chartwells staff will separate out the food from waste and recycling items, and the food waste will be picked up daily by Empire Zero, a local composting facility
- You helped play a role in this composting process with the waste assessment and weighing of waste that was conducted in the dining rooms last year, knowing that you support our efforts and the expense incurred to provide this responsible approach to managing our natural resourses is helpful (you can email us your thoughts!)
- UADS Has Gone Mobile
- Watch for the premiere of new mobile food truck during the Big Purple Growl on Saturday, February 2nd from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- During the spring semester, the truck will make stops to serve lunch and late night items at various campus locations, watch for upcoming schedules
- The mobile truck will accept credit cards and Munch Money
Faculty & Staff Dining Plan
- The Faculty & Staff Dining Plan can now be used in vending machines on campus