New For Fall 2013
New Dining Venues and Features
Campus Center Dining Venues
All dining venues will be open as of Monday, August 26th, with the exception of the UFood Grill and Uncommon Grounds, opening mid-September due to equipment delays. The Fountain Grill will remain open until mid-September, weather permitting; and Uncommon Grounds bagels and cream cheese selections will be available in the 518 Market until the full venue opens.
518 Market offers ultimate convenience. As the University’s store, 518 Market is a perfect place to grab some snacks, a cup of fair trade Green Mountain Coffee or a quick sandwich or salad from the ‘Simply to Go’ case. Chole’s Soft Serve Fruit Co., Hale and Hearty soups, and f’real soft serve will also be available. Uncommon Grounds bagels and cream cheese selections available here until the Uncommon Grounds venue opens.
Auntie Anne’s offers the perfect pretzel every time. With a sweet taste and a light, bread-like texture, Auntie Anne’s “little rewards” are baked fresh all day long and come in a variety of flavors.
Cusato’s offers a cheesy and delicious ‘colossal’ size pizza pie or slice. Arguably the best (and biggest!) pizza in the Capital Region, Cusato’s menu also features tasty hot or cold subs daily.
Damien’s offers a selection of hand-carved deli offerings each day, freshly made kettle chips and campus-made pickles.
||Dreidel’s Kosher Café|
Dreidel’s Kosher Café offers delicious kosher hot and cold breakfast items, bagels, assorted cream cheese spreads, fresh fruit and Starbucks Coffee.
Mein Bowl offers a variety of Asian cuisine from traditional Chinese dishes to Korean, Mongolian and Thai favorites.
||Stalks & Stems|
Stalks & Stems offers fresh and delicious tossed-to-order salads and a Moosewood soup daily, to complement a healthy lifestyle.
Umai Sushi offers freshly made sushi in traditional and bold flavor combinations including alternatives for vegetarians and vegans.
With exciting new kiosk ordering, Subconnection offers made-to-order ‘submarine’ sandwiches from a wide selection of meats, cheeses and toppings. Subconnection also serves soups, pre-packaged salads, sandwiches, side dishes and desserts.
||UFood Grill |
UFood Grill offers grass-fed, 100% USDA lean burgers and sirloin tips, baked fries, and nutritious wraps, salads and paninis using natural and organic ingredients whenever possible. Everything is baked, steamed, or grilled, but never, ever fried. Menu items include vegetarian, reduced fat, gluten free, low calorie and low carb options. UFood also features the “Great Dane,” a smoothie made from acai sorbet, strawberries, raspberries, vanilla yogurt and apple juice.
Uncommon Grounds, a local coffeehouse favorite, offers freshly roasted coffee, bagels baked daily and a wide selection of ‘schmears.’ Uncommon Grounds also offers bagel sandwiches and salads, including options for vegetarians and vegans.
Wholly Habaneros offers a delicious selection of tacos, burritos, quesadillas, nachos, and burrito bowls with a wide selection of flavorful spices and toppings.
Residential Quad Dining Rooms
- Aspretto Coffee
- Fairtrade coffeebeans are used in all residential quad dining rooms
- The machines and the materials used to make and serve the coffee meet the highest standards of environmental performance: All staging material is made from 100% recycled aluminum, post consumer fiber is used in cups and sleeves and operations are designed to reduce energy and emissions generated
- STOP Hunger Initiative: For every pound of coffee and tea sold a financial contribution will be made to local non-profit organizations that combat hunger and malnutrition
- Simple Servings
- Simple Servings stations in each residential quad dining provide safe and appetizing food choices for those with food allergies, gluten intolerance, or those who prefer portion controlled, healthy and simple foods.
- Fresh and flavorful foods are prepared free of: milk, eggs, wheat, soy, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts and gluten
- Hot Breakfast in all Quad Dining Rooms
- Hot breakfasts will be available in all five of the residential quad dining rooms
- Check What's Open and When? for times
- Late Night on the Quads
- Late night dining will now be available in the Alumni and Colonial Quad dining rooms - NO MEAL TRADE NEEDED!
- Late night take-out will still be available for purchase or a Meal Trade in Cravings (Indian Quad) and the Capital Cafe (State Quad)
- Check What's Open and When? for days and times
- Students with special dietary requirements can contact UAlbany Dining's registered dietitian, Donna Duffy, by emailing NutritionalServices@albany.edu or by calling her office (518) 442-2731 or her cell number (518) 412-2490.
Munch Money Change
Beginning with the 2013-2014 school year, Munch Money will carry over from the summer to the fall and the fall to the spring semester, but not to the following academic year. Any Munch Money remaining at the end of the spring semester will be forfeited.
More locations will offer halal food items available during expanded hours, the locations and times are also listed in What's Open and When?
- State Quad Dining Room
- Wholly Habaneros
- Monday - Thursday: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
- Friday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- 518 Market
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 AM
- Friday: 8:00 AM - 10 PM
- Saturday: 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Sunday: 12:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Campus Gold (formerly Podium Advance)
Campus Gold is a UAS loan added to your SUNYCard. It offers you the ability to purchase textbooks and supplies at the bookstore while you are waiting for your financial aid. The amount requested ($650 maximum) is charged to your tuition bill. For more information, check the Campus Gold webpage. If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Shop24 ultra convenience store is a self-contained, refrigerated and robotic vending store designed to enable 24/7/365 purchasing.
- Shop24 accepts cash, Munch Money and Podium.
- Shop24 delivers up to 180 items, including frozen entrees, fresh fruit, sushi, and personal care products.
- Look for Shop24 on the west side of campus, near the Social Science bus stop.
Coca-Cola Calorie Counts
- Most beverage vending machines now display product labels with calorie counts for each item available in that vending machine